Saturday, 8 July 2017


Amayo,
When reading your eulogy,
I will not say that you once molested your little niece.
I will say that indeed you were a statesman
That you used to be a symbol of peace.

Amayo,
When reading your eulogy,
I will not say that you are the one
who bewitched your neighbor.
The one whose child died while his
wife was going through labor.
I will say you were a great man of God.
And that is why to the heavens
you've been called.

Amayo,
Do you remember how I found you
undressing your older brothers wife?
When reading your eulogy,
I won't say it!
I will say that you lived a honest life.
I will go ahead and cry... then ask "why did you die?

Amayo,
If I say that you slept with a harlot in my hut,
Your friends and relatives will say that I'm bad.
Therefore, when reading your eulogy,
I will say that you fought for the rights of women.
I will not wash your dirty linen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...